We are currently searching for an Image Processing Engineer to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a permanent, full-time position with MSC and it is on-site in Bethesda, Maryland.
The client requires the services of a software developer/image processing engineer with experience in biomedical image processing and machine learning who will be responsible for supporting the development of R&D systems. The ideal applicant will have experience in developing image processing and machine learning software under Windows and possess good working knowledge of DICOM/PACS protocols, web-based communication protocols, shell scripting, and MATLAB. Experience with Linux is a plus. Experience using GPUs or distributed computing environments such as Spark are a plus. The software is a Windows based product, but solid working knowledge of Linux is highly desirable. The position reports to the Chief, Communications Engineering Branch (CEB).
Task: Software development in Microsoft C/C++ for software project involving medical image processing and machine learning (deep learning, SVM). The task involves developing DICOM/PACS compliant software that analyzes and classifies images based on disease indicators on the image and other information from expert readings. The ideal candidate will apply their experience in web-based communication protocols and shell scripting to transfer files and manipulate them as required. Prototype code may be developed using MATLAB but must be converted to C/C++ for use in deployed product. Experience using GPUs or distributed computing environments such as Spark is desirable to demonstrate experience in using deep learning or similar machine learning techniques for image classification.
Keywords: Microsoft C/C++, MATLAB, Image Processing, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Linux, DICOM, Software Development, GPU, Spark, Web protocols, OpenCV.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum M.S. degree (Ph.D. desirable) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline and demonstrable (minimum) three (3) years of relevant software development experience.
- High degree of programming proficiency in C/C++, and MATLAB
- Must demonstrate Microsoft C/C++ expertise citing recent equivalent project experience.
- Must demonstrate compatible MATLAB experience.
- Write clean, consistent and well-documented code.
- Develop test plan, document test results, and debug code.
- Excellent oral, and written communication skills, and ability to document projects and provide status reports.
- Excellent team and interpersonal skills. Ability to both take direction and work in a self-directed environment, effectively interact with all levels of staff and external contacts, and ability to work as an effective team member.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, and flexibility to handle a variety of tasks, and shift priorities as needed.
Medical Science & Computing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.