Enterprise Architect - Databases - relocation to Nassau, the Bahamas
Enterprise Architect - Databases
Visa sponsorship and relocation support
RELOCATION: to Nassau, The Bahamas
The Enterprise Architect for Databases is a critical member of the Company’s technology services organization and is a subject matter expert.
As an expert technologist, leader, and mentor your guidance shall attribute to the provision of solutions that deliver service excellence to every client. With a focus on Oracle you remain passionate and fully versed in Microsoft SQL, Postgres, MariaDB, and evolving Bigtable data architectures. Nothing relating to databases or data architectures presents a challenge to your skillset and knowledge. This is both a hands-on role that will challenge even the most knowledgeable and is guaranteed to elevate wisdom for the most versed. Members of the Enterprise Architecture team directly mentor Senior Systems Engineers and those staff working within the Company Command and Control Centre (C3).
Subject matter expertise with Oracle and Microsoft SQL is a prerequisite for applicants to be successful. This position is not for those with less than 10 years of industry focused experiencegained within highly complex managed service provider environments or a technology services practice.
- Works with organizational leadership to design, develop, and deliver new products and services to market that provide clients with quality, agility and value;
- Sets standards for database (DB) administration, ensuring that procedures exist and are followed for all routine database administration activities in alignment to industry best practice;
- Manages DB configuration(s) including installing and upgrading software servers and application tools, ensuring that all standard procedures are observed, applying fixes, and maintaining supplier and user documentation;
- Monitors trends in DB activity and ensures efficient access to data, working with data analysis and database design functions where appropriate. Initiates regular exercises to optimize database performance;
- Manages DB resources, including allocation of system storage. Working with the capacity management function, plans for future storage requirements, and prepares cases for additional resources;
- Ensures that DB problems are investigated, diagnosed and resolved, referring to database users, other staff and suppliers as necessary;
- Contributes to the setting of standards for DB objects (e.g. naming conventions and good practices) and ensures conformance to these standards;
- Works with the technology leadership of the organization, peers, and colleagues to define policies for future DB development, and related functional areas such as system and data security;
- Works with application developers, support staff and external software vendors to troubleshoot site-specific performance issues, escalating to developers for software fixes or implementing database improvements;
- Provide technical leadership and mentor peers in data subject matter expertise;
- 10+ years of prior database expertise is prerequisite and working within a service provider for more than 5 years will be considered highly advantageous;
- Computer related degree or certifications (i.e., Oracle - OCM, OCE, OCS, or MCSE, RHCSE, VCP, VCAP, and other database or Bigtable certification) is an advantage;
- Takes a logical, analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail;
- Data modeling experience within the Financial Services and Government domains using Oracle 11/12;
- Consult for optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance;
- Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems;
- Analyze on premise transactional database environments such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL and/or Postgres, evaluate and plan migrations from physical to virtualized Cloud practices;
- Expert level knowledge of high availability and server tuning including parameters, resources, contention, etc. for complex highly distributed architectures;
- Experience with information management technologies, such as data warehouse and data mining;
- Broad technical knowledge, leadership and organization skills, creativity and technical vision;
- Experience with enterprise data integration strategies;
- Familiar with n-tier application architecture;
- Strong oral and written communications skills;
- Experience effectively interacting with large application development and delivery teams and application development managers who are providing full lifecycle application support in complex, heterogeneous environments;
- Ability to work independently, prioritizes existing projects, and proactively determine areas requiring additional attention, monitoring, or maintenance;
- Working at the Company provides the beauty of The Bahamas with the rush of working at a Silicon Valley like startup.
- We are building a culture of service excellence within the Caribbean region to help develop and entirely new GDP for the people of the region while benefiting the world by providing unparalleled data protection.
- If you want to make a difference and have what it takes to change the world we want to hear from you.